Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Skool Daze

Music: Gypsy-Fleetwood Mac
Mood: Distracted

Hello again! As always, I am up prior to the figurative butt-crack of Dawn. I felt I would get some much-needed schoolwork done but I am here taking a break from it all. I have some unexpected work due this week that I thought was not due until next week so I am doing a major goose step (?) to get a ton of work done in time for the prom. <----- :)~~

No doom and gloom today, I promise. I want to discuss all the many things that I am thankful for that from the outside looking in probably appear to get lost in the shuffle of it all. First and foremost, I am thankful that I have a roof over my head, and food in my belly. When one has been as close as I have to homelessness and hunger you must be thankful for every day you do not have to deal with it. I am thankful for my family and the fact that by and large we all get along pretty well even after all these years together and so many different but similar personality types. I am eternally grateful for my #1 BFF, Jack, without whom I would not be here today. I am grateful for all of my friends--I am horrible at keeping up with correspondence due to bouts of major introversion so those whom I have held on to and have held on to me will always have my love. I am grateful for my ex-husband Mike for graciously allowing me to retain his name and never giving me grief over it. While I wanted to address the sort of standard things that one is thankful for first I have not forgotten where my heart truly lies...

I am thankful for God, I am thankful for Jesus Christ, I am thankful for atonement, and The Atonement. I am thankful for the Gospel, I am thankful for free agency, I am thankful for Joseph Smith and the restoration. I am thankful for the drive to better myself in spite of insurmountable odds and I am thankful for trial by fire. I am thankful for a great deal more things/people/places/actions/etc... I wanted to address my thanks because I find myself too often dwelling on the drudgery and forgetting to make time for the good things in life of which there are so many [picture below]

Appreciation is one of the purest forms of love in my mind. Letting someone know how you feel is more important now in times of great trouble than ever. Take this time to tell the people you love what they mean to you, or better yet, show it. A macaroni picture, a telling of a favorite joke, or even a simple smile to let them know you care makes all the difference. With these thoughts I have to leave you for the day; more homework calls and I am too much of a snob to let my GPA slip just to get a few more words out haha.

This picture (as promised above) is my reminder to stop the madness sometimes and enjoy life:

I love and miss you Grandma. Thank you for this and many other wonderful lessons.

Quack-a-doodle-doo

2 comments:

Deb Stevens said...

A great reminder for me, this is, today. It makes me want to think of the things I don't usually recognize to be grateful for...off to journal.

p.s. You're one of the people I'm grateful for, just so you know.

Duckie said...

The feeling is mutual Deb :)