Monday, March 19, 2012

Where the barkers call the moon down...

Music: Here I Dreamt I Was An Architect-The Decemberists
Mood: XYZ123

Yo! You'll notice that my "mood" is a made-up one. That is because I honestly could not tell you how I am feeling right now. There are so many things on my brain lately that a lot of times it is hard to keep track. I have essentially perfected the art of being me, but the turmoil sometimes prevents me from digging as deep below my own surface as I would like.

Anyway, why am I back you ask? Well, a friend of mine made a blog-post where she did a sort of "7 things you didn't know about me" deal. I had initially intended that to be a good way to return to my blog--it would give me something to write about. I got about 3.5 hours sleep last night, and I have spent a fair portion of it fretting over such a post. I have found that as much as I may want to do it I simply cannot. I have spent the past decade+ of my life building up protective walls around myself. No vulnerability=no (or less anyway) hurt. Mr. Gorbachev, it is simply not time to tear down this wall...it may very well never be.

Since I am woefully incompetent at providing the goods which were the entire impetus for this post, I will give one thing to my millions and millions of fans out there. A sort of "1 thing you may or may not know about me."

1. I am afraid, and unafraid of everything.

Perhaps that will be enough to satiate your need for information, and vague enough for me to protect my proverbial cocoon at the same time. Ever-a-y-body Happy! Until next time, I will take my leave with an oldie but goodie...

Quack.

2 comments:

Deb Stevens said...

What the?! You're back! Yes, I'm literally giddy and smiling like a little fool.

Why haven't you said anything on FB or something? Or did you, and I just missed it somehow?

Duckie said...

Hey Deb! I posted a link on your FB wall, but you may have missed it. Since I had no picture in my blog post I assume that is why no picture came up in the link. Yes, it feels pretty good to be back, and to have a place to siphon off my thoughts when they get to be too much. Thank you for inspiring me to come back.