Friday, May 18, 2012

Buon compleanno mio gatto!

Music: The Brak Show DVD Song-The Brak Show
Mood: Wunnerful

Today is seriously a day I worried would never happen.  Today, my baby cat boy, my furry BFF,  is 10 years old!  I am ecstatic he is still here and is still in great health (his weight is definitely progressing in the right direction). 

I have not been keeping up with this blog at all in the past week plus and I am sorry, but the days have literally been flying by where I tell myself I will get to it and then it never seems to happen.  I have embarked on a healthy eating plan and some exercise.  Believe it or not, it actually takes up a lot of my time to think up what to eat, and in what portions.  Yesterday, while I was eating, all of a sudden I just felt incredibly depressed.  As if the world had crashed down upon me.  I guess I never thought about how eating healthy would impact me--it makes my stomach hurt, and now it depresses me too!  I will continue to plug away though.  I ordered a neat scale that also measures hydration, and body fat.  Once I get that I will officially start keeping track of things.  I don't even know how much I weigh; it has been an age since I set foot on a scale.

Also, to the detriment of my time and productivity, I have rediscovered a dormant love for Words with Friends.  For some reason the idea of a tandem crossword puzzle of sorts appeals to me.  I will have to shut it down soon though if it continues to hog my time.

Ben's story is progressing, but not exactly how I want it to.  I am pleased with the story but I think I am starting to get wrapped up in minutia.  It seems like almost every, or every other paragraph should be the end of a chapter.  I have a vague idea where I want the story to go but in the meantime I am sort of chasing my tail a bit.  I wonder if it is a form of writer's block.  I sincerely hope not because I am nowhere near done with what needs to happen to wrap things up.

My IS courses are also not going as well as I had hoped.  I guess I can only do one at a time, which is fine, but the format is terrible.  It is sort of like (so far) something I could have just found on the internet.  I haven't gotten to anything yet that I would classify as learning.  Maybe I am just a huge snobby prick though, haha.

I am in the process of developing a reading list for myself though.  A couple of months ago I severely cut down on my television watching, and instead of staring into space it would be wonderful if I could be productive through reading a lot of the things I have been putting off.  The problem is that it is very hard to read in this house.  The amount of constant noise can be compared to an audio assault.  I have the house to myself for a while today, so I should try and get into something and get hooked.

Well, I know this has been a largely unsatisfying post, but I really didn't have too much to say.  I wanted to give a shout to my boy on his b-day so that is why I chose today to post.  I will be back on Monday with another post, I promise.

Quack-y Birthday dear Jackieeeeeeeee Quack-y Birthday to youuuuuuuuuu. (and many more!)

Oh, P.S. I forgot to mention that the reason the Brak Show DVD Menu song is my "song of the day" is because it is Jack's favorite song.  It goes "Welcome everybody to the Brak Show DVD---doodedoodoo."  He loved it when I replaced Brak with Jack, and I have sang it to him ever since.

No comments: