Friday, May 11, 2012

Words for Breakfast

Music: Behind Blue Eyes-The Who
Mood: Kindled

Goodly morning.  Jack woke me up today in the usual way by meowing his head off because he wanted to eat, and he wanted it now!  Today is the kind of day where I cannot be mad about it though.  In the past few days I have been filled by intellectual discourse, and a resolve to light a fire under my ass.  It feels good to be doing something again and look forward to seeing where this all takes me.

I signed into my Facebook app this morning and found that my XDH had posted multiple songs one of which was Behind Blue Eyes (not the version by The Who though).  This song got me through a lot of hard times when I was navigating Salt Lake City by myself.  It was the first time in my life I had ever lived alone and I was sort of overwhelmed and rejuvenated by the sink or swim aspect of it all.  Sometimes I sank, and other times I swam.  The memories are glorious, even if they are rose-colored.

Nephew R drew an amazing picture of Jack.  I would love to share it here, but I actually think I might keep it to myself for a while and appreciate the surprisingly fine detail that can be put to page by a 6 year old with a marker and a pen.  I really do admire his talent.  I tried my hand at drawing several times.  While I was not really good at it at all it helped me process through a lot.  I was able to draw some of the pain I had carried with me for as long as I could remember--pain I could not have articulated any other way.  I've found that drawing (like other endeavors) helps me for the time I need it to and then I can move on from it to something else.  I am thankful for the drive, and the courage to try something new; and the wisdom to know when it is time.

I am plugging away at my story about Ben.  I have added a new character that I am excited about.  I don't push myself, or else I know I won't ever get it done.  I simply open my word document, type either a paragraph or two a day and then leave it at that.  The constant fresh perspective may be helping or harming, ultimately time will tell.  As with all of my writing I will go back at the end and edit so that will be the ultimate test.  I can't wait to see what happens to Ben.

I can't wait to see what happens to me.

Quack-i-tude

No comments: