Music: Angel Won't You Call Me-The Decemberists
As part of my Kicking Corners homework due 5/22 Mrs. S has asked us to answer as many of these questions as we can. She also asked about some name thing but I didn't understand it so I am skipping straight to the questions. Maybe I can scrape a B at least :) Here goes...
1. What are you listening to right now? The sound of silence.
2. Do you like your handwriting? Sometimes yes and sometimes no. It depends.
3. If you were another person, would you be friends with you? Probably not. I am decently funny, but my cycles of required alone time tend to push people away I think.
4. What’s your favorite breakfast? When I am being good it is Honey Bunches of Oats, when I am being naughty it is an Egg and Cheese McGriddle.
5. The first thing you notice about people is… Generally I first notice how people walk. Because of my own weird walking hang-ups I like to see how other people do it.
6. In what way are you irrational? Oh man. In most ways. I can't be any more succinct than that.
7. If you needed a kidney, who would be the first person willing to donate
one to you? I wouldn't allow it. As far as who would volunteer first I really don't know. I imagine a member of my family who knew about it first. Then again, maybe not.
8. Where’s the farthest you’ve been from home? Las Vegas, NV
9. Scary movies or happy endings? It depends on my mood. I enjoy both.
10. What makes you feel young? Wearing a hood over my head.
11. Do you believe everything happens for a reason? Yes--even if that reason is that someone is an asshole. Choices lead to consequences, always.
12. What’s something you aren’t? Happy.
13. If you had next Monday off from all responsibilities and expectations,
what would you do? I don't really have responsibilities or expectations so it would be a typical Monday. I would simply wait for it to be over.
14. Do you always smile for pictures? No. I do sometimes though. Unless I am laughing it seems forced.
15. What would you be willing to literally fight for? A lot. Jack being the most notable. Woe unto any person, place, or thing that would attempt to harm him.
16. What is your all-time favorite joke? I don't have one.
17. Wonderland or Oz? Both are pretty scary. Maybe Wonderland though.
18. What’s the story of your first kiss? I would rather tell the story of my first attempted kiss. I was barely 14 and I was at a backyard party. There was a boy there who I thought was cute, and he apparently thought I was as well. He was pretty drunk though. We had gone for a walk and he just came at me lips curled and all. My whole life flashed before my eyes. I pushed him and he fell down and I ran away. I am not entirely sure why I pushed him away, but I think I have always simply reasoned that I didn't want my first kiss to be with someone who was drunk. In retrospect taking into account the story of my actual first kiss I should have let my first kiss happen at 14.
19. How do you explain déjà vu? I don't. I don't pretend to be able to explain or even understand everything the universe has to offer. I am content to be able to wrap my brain around whatever I can.
20. What’s the coldest you’ve ever been? What a great question! I know I have been incredibly cold before but I am not sure I can put my finger on when or where it was or if it was colder than any other time. I do remember driving to Boise in a near blizzard one time and then trying to get to sleep in the car. It was so incredibly cold. However, I have lived in Wisconsin, so I am sure I was ever colder than that.
Thanks for reading. I will return to my regularly scheduled blogging in about 2 days time.