Saturday, April 7, 2012

Breakdancing on the Moon

Music: Angel Won't You Call Me-The Decemberists
Mood: Sensory Overlord

Yello. I really dislike Saturdays, especially when the weather is nice out. It completely disrupts my sleep patterns. Everyone loves to do noisy yard work very early on a Saturday in nice weather. Someone has been running a chainsaw since a mere 45 minutes after I went to sleep this morning. As a result I have a major headache now, and I am also unsuccessfully fighting a major cough. Add to all this Jack's constant whining because he is more hungry than usual due to the steroids and therein lies my crippling sensory overload. I want to crawl into a comfortable cave and hibernate until the cold weather comes again. I am a reverse bear.

These next couple of weeks are going to be so busy between school work and church investigations that I may scarcely be able to keep my head on straight. Thankfully I have cut out Law and Order except on weekends so I have a lot more time than I used to. This blog will serve as an invaluable resource in siphoning off my thoughts and making the process at least easier I hope. This is (and you my faithful blog readers, are) my pensieve.

Tomorrow is Easter. I won't launch into a whole sermon here right now, but I just want to say what an important time of remembrance Easter is for me. Tomorrow we will commemorate that fateful day when The Christ rose from the dead conquering both spiritual and physical death for all of us--making the resurrection possible. A glorious day indeed, a wonderful event, a triumph for all-time. I am humbled.

I went to the bank yesterday to get some change made out of 3 $100 bills. I left the bank with a total of 50 bills, and when I got home I noticed that they were all facing different ways, and some were even upside down. Oh man I was so angry. This is a huge pet peeve of mine. Money has to face the right way people. It allows for an efficient counting effort. If your money faces the wrong way, fix it already! All your greenbacks will thank you for it, as will your friends.

I am a bit delirious currently because of the aforementioned failed sleep effort, but have a wonderful Easter holiday if you celebrate, and if you don't have an amazing weekend. My old friend, Queer Bernard (Burn-nerd) wanted to make an appearance as well in this post since it is 7 years ago that he came into my life.

Quack-y Holiday Everyone!

2 comments:

Deb Stevens said...

Ah man, I can sense the overload in your "voice" and I'm feeling your pain. Sort of, if that's even possible? I get the lack of sleep thing, at least. Too many things happening with too little sleep is never a good mix. But I'm wishing better days and better zzz's for you, anyway.

Duckie said...

Thanks Deb. I was home sick by myself for Easter, so I did get a bit of peace and quiet induced sleep.